Sunday 14 April 2013

Inspiring Wooden Signs

 Creating beautiful wooden signs has become one of my favourite creative outlets.
 
                                           
 
It all started when I came across what is now one of my favourite blogs ‘My Pink Life’ by Aimee Weaver. See aimee-weaver.blogspot.com

I instantly fell in love with the ‘Beloved’ sign she created and I really wanted one for my room. FYI I don’t usually want everything I see but sometimes that special something comes along that you just got to have.

Anyway, as I live far in the land down under delivery can be a bit of hitch actually it would be ridiculously expensive. So instead I spent months looking for something similar in Australia and found nothing.

Then one day after encouragement from my husband I decided to try it out for myself.

And thanks to Aimee’s tutorial it was a success and so much fun. Thank you Aimee! :)

See http://aimee-weaver.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/sign-tutorial-how-to-make-wood-sign.html
 
I loved every part of the process from choosing the wood, sanding the wood, nailing it together, painting it and painting the quote! Now it has become one of my creative outlets and they make great gift ideas for family and friends.

Here are a few signs I have made as gifts. I just love looking at them they're so pretty! J and I find myself getting better the more I practice and experiment with colours and different woods.








 


 
 
 
Well, enjoy what is left of this lovely Sunday night.
 
 
LOVE Anita X

 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Anita. Quality of photos are not lacking at all.Your artwork is beautiful!!

    arslids

    ReplyDelete