Saturday 27 April 2013

Deliciously Inspiring Chocolate Cake!


Hi there! I found this picture of this divine looking chocolate cake on Pin Interest and I just knew I had to make it someday!
 
 Pin Interest Picture Pinned by Gale Fudd /Cake by @BethWheatley

As soon as my first customer came along requesting a chocolate cake for her husband’s 30th I recommended this one of course! It was loads of fun to make but the only problem was I didn’t get a piece because it wasn’t for me. It was hard to keep my hands off it and not get into it to devour it before she picked it up!
 
 
I didn’t take any photos of how I made it but I think that it is pretty straight forward.
 
Basic Steps:
  • Once I cooked and layered the cake with ganache I Spread a nice thick coat of chocolate butter cream over it.
  • I then attached the Cadbury blocks of chocolate to the sides and top on the butter cream.
  • I put some butter cream on the top of the Cadbury Chocolate of the bottom layer to attach the top layer, this way it sticks and doesn’t move around.
  • Then I again attached the Cadbury blocks of chocolate to the sides and top on the butter cream to the top layer cake.
  • I then used a Wilton tip 21 to pipe the decorations on the edges which covers gaps between the chocolate blocks and gives it that finished look.
  • I used Ferrero Rocher chocolates for finishing touch and joined them together with butter cream.
 
 
 
 
 
It looked so divine. Thank you and Hats off to the creator @BethWheatley!

Um...I think I know what cake I want for my birthday!

Enjoy!

LOVE Anita X

No comments:

Post a Comment