Hi there! I found this picture of this divine looking chocolate cake on Pin Interest and I just knew I had to make it someday!
Pin Interest Picture Pinned by Gale Fudd /Cake by @BethWheatley
As soon as my first customer came along requesting a chocolate cake for her husband’s 30th I recommended this one of course! It was loads of fun to make but the only problem was I didn’t get a piece because it wasn’t for me. It was hard to keep my hands off it and not get into it to devour it before she picked it up!
I didn’t take any photos of how I made it but I think that it is pretty straight forward.
- Once I cooked and layered the cake with ganache I Spread a nice thick coat of chocolate butter cream over it.
- I then attached the Cadbury blocks of chocolate to the sides and top on the butter cream.
- I put some butter cream on the top of the Cadbury Chocolate of the bottom layer to attach the top layer, this way it sticks and doesn’t move around.
- Then I again attached the Cadbury blocks of chocolate to the sides and top on the butter cream to the top layer cake.
- I then used a Wilton tip 21 to pipe the decorations on the edges which covers gaps between the chocolate blocks and gives it that finished look.
- I used Ferrero Rocher chocolates for finishing touch and joined them together with butter cream.
It looked so divine. Thank you and Hats off to the creator @BethWheatley!
Um...I think I know what cake I want for my birthday!
LOVE Anita X