I first heard about Pottery Barn while watching Friends TV show many years ago. Remember the one where Rachel is constantly buying things from Pottery Barn behind Phoebes back! Loved it! Anyway, I did a Google search to see if there was such a place as I wasn’t sure being from down under and immediately I fell in love with the store. Then when I was in America a few years back I dragged my husband to every Pottery Barn store we came across and like Rachel I wanted to take the store home with me and make it my home!
I am totally one of those bloggers who do those copycat projects of pottery bar items. Pottery Barn just know what the people like! Maybe not Phoebe so much!
Well not too long ago I was browsing their site wishing I was in America when I came across this Alphabet Canvas sign for a boys room. I loved it but couldn't get it delivered, so I thought I would try my hand at creating my own personalised version.
As teaching Noah about Jesus and His love for us is my number one priority as a mother I thought it would be nice to include things about our faith in the pictures.
My faith in God has been the best thing that has ever happen to me, it has really helped me through some awful days. When I think about my experiences, I guess I could have easily entered a state of depression, being in hospital so many times a year, or not having the energy to look after my little precious one, whatever challenges I face I truly believe as I keep my eyes focused on Jesus He provides inner strengths like peace, hope and joy to not only cope with what’s going on but also to maintain a positive attitude. My faith has given me love for life despite living with a condition I don’t want to have and a knowing that despite it all I am truly loved by Him. So naturally I would like to give Noah this foundation.
Noah and I were both pleased with the result!
My version took some time but it was worth it. I could have made it smaller but I wanted it to stand out and Noah to give it some attention!
- I used Canson Canvas Paper (oil & Acrylic Sketch), Boyle Spray Adhesive, Propaint Canvas, and an Inkjet Printer.
- I used my own personal photos as well as photos from the net. (I listed the sites I copied pictures from as I always want to give credit where due.)
- For the alphabet letters a lot were from photos of signs we took on previous holidays and some from the net.
- I copied the photos and letters over to Microsoft Word and once I joined the letter and photo together I made them to size so they would fit the canvas I purchased. I tested a few on paper to check for size before printing them on canvas sheets.
- I printed 2-3 letters and photos per A4 canvas sheet. I cut the letter and photo attached then glued each of them separately on the canvas. I used Boyle Spray Adhesive and gently held each one down securely for a minute or so.
- I kept the Canvas laying flat while gluing the pictures as the ink can run slightly especially when you start using the spray, so press lightly ...without touching the pictures too much.
- I let the ink and glue dry overnight and as my baby would say “Done!”
Have a beautiful day!
LOVE Anita X
Site where I got photos I used for canvas pictureUSA Map - mrprintables.com
Australia Map - http://webmaths.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/visualizing-australia/
Italian Flag – Pin Interest pinned by Alessandro Giorgi
Yellow Train - http://www.flickr.com/photos/26216057@N05/3730258731/
Earth - http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/Europe/International-News/News-Articles/Challenging-theories-on-the-origin-of-Earth
Space - http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/Europe/International-News/News-Articles/Challenging-theories-on-the-origin-of-Earth
Qantas - http://www.erc.org.au/ERBEI/?p=1620
Heaven – Heaven is for real for kids by Todd & Sonja Burpo
Jesus - http://pinterest.com/pin/321163017147016315/ painted by 8 year old Akiane Kramarik (She is amazing, great book to get for the coffee table!)