Tuesday 21 January 2014

Barilla Pasta's Red Capsicum Sauce

Hi there!

It’s been a while since I last wrote a post and I have missed it! As the two months leading up to Christmas was insanely busy I have just been relaxing and enjoying my time with my little prince.

As I had a few minutes, I thought I would share a quick post on one of my favorite pasta sauces I discovered on the Barilla website: http://www.barilla.net.au/ a while back. I’m so glad I noted it as I haven’t been able to find it since!

Due to my condition I don’t eat much pasta, it makes me feel bloated and not well and on top of that I really don’t like tomato sauce. I know! I am Italian... my mum eventually got over it. :) So when I came across this capsicum sauce I just had to try it and it was delicious! It has a beautiful sweet flavour. Plus I think this sauce would be just as nice on a meat or chicken dish.

Enjoy!

Capsicum Sauce (Barilla Pasta Website)
3-4 Capsicums different color's with seeds removed and cut in fours
1 slice brown onion
1 garlic clove
¾ cup fresh basil
¼ cup thick and cream
  • Fry onion and garlic together, add capsicum and basil and cover with lid.
  • Simmer for 15 minutes or until done.
  • Pour capsicum mixture in a bowl and blend with hand blender until you have thick creamy sauce. Pour sauce back into fry pan with heat on low and add cream, salt and pepper.
  • Serve with pasta and garnish with basil and parmesan cheese.
Great days ahead! J

This is my command:
Love Each Other!
John 15:17

Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment