Friday 25 October 2013

Yummy Meat Pie Recipe


Hi Friends,
Homemade meat pies are my favorite  I had a craving for meat when I was pregnant with Noah and came up with this yummy recipe! It’s been my favorite since... usually I like to be more modest with what I've made or mention how someone else appreciates my cooking like my husband or Noah :)  but this recipe is a keeper. Family and friends have requested it too so as I was making them the other night I thought I would write down the exact ingredients. I wrote most of it but forgot a few minor things towards the end (Noah was distracting me! :) ) nothing that will keep the meat pies from turning out yummy...hopefully! ;)

Meat Pies Recipes
Ingredients
750gm small diced beef
1 onion sliced
1 cup tomato paste
1 ½ cups of beef stock
1 carrot chopped
2 medium potatoes chopped
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
Frozen puff pastry sheets thawed

Preparation
  • Heat oil on medium to high heat in a large pot. Add onion and cook until soft. Add beef and cook until slightly browned. Add tapioca flour and stir with wooden spoon for about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add beef stock and tomato paste. Once boiled reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
  • Add chopped potatoes and carrot and cook for another hour, while cooking season with salt and pepper to your liking and if you prefer add herbs too.
  • Let it cool.
  • Pre-heat oven to 200c.
  • Grease 12 cup muffin tin and line pans with puff pastry. Fill with meat mixture. Using a relevant circle cutter - cut puff pastry and cover meat, press to seal.
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until brown!

This is pretty much the gist of how to make them. I can’t remember exactly how many sheets of puff pastry I used and how many meat pies I got from this recipe...but it was quite a few! 
God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.
St. Augustine
Happy Weekend Friends 

Anita x

2 comments:

  1. Love meat pies too but I haven't tried making it yet. Thanks for sharing your recipe and that quote, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe looks so delicious. I love everything wrapped in puff pastry

    ReplyDelete